What’s new in Lands Design
Lands Design 5
Lands Design 5.3 (October 2020)
- Rhino 7 support
- Cut and fills, holes and paths can now produce sharp edges even when the gridded surface is used
- Divisions are now highlighted in the viewport when they are selected on the Lands Edit Panel
- Osnaps enabled for Vertex option instead of End
- Plant Database:
- Added Australian species
- Added 60+ realistic plant files
- Better climate zones classification
- Grasshopper components:
- New Lands Design Pipeline component
- Object: Library:
- Urban Furniture objects have now properties
- Object: Sprinkler:
- Now you can edit the size of the Sprinkler symbol
- Minor UI improvements and bug fixes
- These are the required Rhino versions to install Lands Design 5.3:
- Rhino 6 SR 14 or later
- Rhino 7 BETA (version 7.0.20295.18003 (21/10/2020) or later
- Compatible with VisualARQ 2.9
Lands Design 5.2 (July 2020)
- _laEarthScan can now be run silently through scripts
- Preview images on Species selection combo box
- Added more realistic plants
- New group filter in Plant Database to select plants suitable for Vertical Garden
- Terrains: elevation data control points are now disabled by default if they exceed 100
- Very detailed plants are now generated when using Twinmotion as well as Enscape
- Fixed a crash on laPlantLabel command when language was set to Chinese
- Other minor bug fixes
Lands Design 5.1 (May 2020)
- AutoCAD 2021 support
- Cloud Zoo support
- Added Czech language
- Improved laEarthScan command: better satellite image resolution; now you can do a window selection of the area to import
- 32-bit TIFF images support in DEM Import command
- Minor improvements and bug fixes
Lands Design 5.0 for AutoCAD (March 2020)
- Satellital images from MapBox when importing with the redesigned Earth elevation data command.
- New Slope marker object.
- Automatic Terrain divisions for cut&fill and paths.
- Now you can use a tilted curve to create a cut&fill.
- In Top views, vegetation objects are now ordered based on its height.
- Now in Plant Photo you can select any photo from your hard drive.
- Hatches in Shrubs, Groundcovers, zones… are now optional.
- Zoning from Terrain divisions
- New list of Terrain volumes and areas
- AutoCAD materials can now be assigned to Terrain divisions, as well as materials from any renderer
- Urban Furniture’s 2D block can now be automatically generated from the 3D block
- Better fit of Fence components
- New commands to extract/reverse curves from Lands objects
- Search function in the Urban Furniture Library.
- Improved performance.
- Bug fixes