Lands Design License Modes
Lands Design has five license modes:
Lands Design runs in Viewer mode when the evaluation period has expired. When this happens, you can open and save documents that contain Lands Design objects, but editing features are disabled:
All Lands Design features are fully functional during the trial period. No product key is required.
Network (only in Rhino)
Use a Lands Design license acquired from the Zoo server
Zoo server software with the Lands Design Zoo plug-in (both free) lets you share Lands Design licenses (product keys) among users on the same network workgroup.
When Lands Design is installed as a workgroup node instead of stand-alone, it works like this:
Download the Lands Design Zoo plug-in here
- When a workgroup node starts, it requests a license from the Zoo.
- An unused license is assigned to the node.
- When a node shuts down, the license is returned to the Zoo license pool.
Cloud (only in Rhino)
Use a Lands Design license acquired from the Cloud Zoo server. The Cloud Zoo server is a free service provided by McNeel that lets you manage the Lands Design license online.
More information about Cloud Zoo
- For individual users, use the Rhino Accounts login to use Lands Design on any computer worldwide.
- For corporations and schools, Cloud Zoo can simplify license distribution. Organizations can create a pool of licenses and share the licenses with team members.
- Work online or offline. No need to check out licenses, so you should not be caught out on the road without a license.
- Licensing will even work without a constant internet connection.