Add Parametric Fences
Fences are much-used elements in landscape projects, for merely ornamental or functional purposes.
Lands Design includes a library of parametric elements for fences such as posts, balusters and rails to which different materials can be assigned. These elements can be customized by changing their parameters (width-height-separation) or by creating new elements from simple geometric forms or predefined blocks.
A Lands Design fence is built throughout a curve, which acts as an axis, and is composed of three components:
- Posts: these are vertical elements that are usually displayed on the ends or edges of a fence and are inserted between planks.
- Planks: these elements make up the surface of a fence.
- Sashes: these horizontal elements join planks.
Lands includes a series of post and plank blocks made of different materials, but you can freely create and use your own library.
After selecting the post and plank, you can control the appearance of the fence with parameters like:
- The quantity of planks between two posts
- The separation between planks
- The elevation of planks from the soil
- The profile of sashes (width and height)
- The number of sashes
- The separation between them and the elevation of the first sash from the soil
- The fence side where the sashes will be placed