Convert a mesh or a surface into a terrain
Lands provides the option to tag an object as a terrain. This object can be a surface, a polysurface or a mesh. This option is available from the Lands Edit Panel, after selecting the object. Once the object is tagged, the plant species and other elements will detect it as a terrain and they will be placed on top of its surface. However, this object won’t have the same parametric features as a Lands Design terrain.
In any case, it is possible to create a Lands Design terrain from a surface and from a mesh in a few steps:
From a surface
- Run the _Contour command and select the surface as object for contours. Click Enter.
- Select the contour base point.
- Define the direction perpendicular to contours.
- Define the distance between contours.
- Hide the original surface (optional).
- Run the _laTerrain command, and select these contours as the terrain input data.
From a mesh
- Run the _ExtractPt command to get the mesh points.
- Run the _PointCloud command to create a Point Cloud from the previously gotten points.
- Run the _laTerrain command, using the Point Cloud as input data.