How to create new plants with AccuRender Plant Editor?
The AccuRender Plant Editor is a standalone application to design, create and insert fractal based plants, that it is used by Lands Design to generate the realistic representation of plants (.ArTree format).
You can create or edit your Lands Design plants also in
.ArTree format with the following steps.
1. Download AccuRender Plant Editor from this link
2. Open the Editor from the Plant Editor button or from the Windows Start menu > AccuRender Plant Editor.
3. Click File > New to open a new template or an existing plant that is close to the plant style you want to display.
4. Use the commands at the top to create the plant structure by adding components such as a trunk, branches, or leaves. Cut or delete the items you don’t need.
5. Select each added component and edit its parameters to give it the proper shape until it looks like the species you want to display.
6. Assign a texture to the component by clicking on the image > Change Texture. (Flowers and leaves must be prepared in PNG format and without background).
7. From the Season tab, set the appearance probability for the different components in each season of the year. (A value of 1 corresponds to 100%, a value of 0 means they won’t appear in the specified season).
8. Click on the name to check the appearance of the plant in each season.
9. Go to File > Save Plant As to save the plant with a new name. Avoid overwriting the original plant files.
Read the following tip to learn how to create new species for Lands Design.